I rented How To Be from Netflix in an attempt to see if Robert Pattinson is a better actor than how he appears in Twilight or to see if his acting in Twilight was better than I though.
The movie calls itself a dry British comedy, which it really is, if you don't like British comedy you really won't like the movie. The main character Art (Robert Pattinson) is depressed and is trying to find himself. It's the internal struggle with who he is and how he fits in with other people that I am all to able to relate to with the way my brain works as well. In no way do I think of myself as depressed, sure I probably have my moments but as a whole I'm a pretty happy person. But I do have my mental struggles, the ones where I don't really feel like I fit in with people and I feel like they are only being nice because they have to be. I guess what I'm taking away from this movie is that everyone has those feelings from time to time and it's just part of living and the how to be is not so much set in stone as how you go about living.
I did think that Robert Pattinson's acting was a bit better in this movie. It also made me realize how much acting he was actually doing in Twilight too, sometimes it's easy to see someone in one thing and then determine that to be how they are in real life and everything else is an act from there. But after watching another movie with him as a lead as well, I do believe he probably really is a decent actor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment