Monday, July 12, 2010

Out of the Wild: The Alaska Experiment (7/12/10) 8 episodes


There are some things that Richard starts watching and I sit down and watch with him but really don't enjoy it.  This wasn't one of those things.  I think it's probably a good thing I didn't get into watching to many reality tv shows or I probably would spend far to many hours in front of a tv.  This wasn't quite like reality tv, no one was trying to manipulate others (which is why I don't watch reality tv), but it was watching everyday people go through something that was difficult and certainly nothing they had every done before.  Watching them starve, become great friends and do things that they never would have dreamed of before this show.  I have a hard time imagining what I would do if I was in their shoes.  I hate to say it but chances are pretty good that I would have pushed the button and gone home pretty early in the show.  I just don't think my body is strong enough to go thru all of that.  I guess it's best I don't go getting myself lost in the wilderness with no food.  I enjoyed the show and was crying with them as they saw civilization for the first time in a month when they finally made it out of the wild. Great series, it looks like they have had additional seasons, we might just have to watch them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment