Tuesday, February 1, 2011
River, Cross my Heart by Breena Clarke
I had never heard of this book when I picked it up, but it was in the clearance section and I had a Borders gift card so I figured why not see if it is any good. It was good, I enjoyed it greatly. The story goes through the story of a black neighborhood in Georgetown when they were free but everything was still segregated. It was interesting to hear the things that they went through and the thoughts they had. The story comes with sadness and happy moments and at times is just strange. I can't say it was the best read I've ever had, it seemed disjointed at times and I honestly couldn't tell you how much time passes during the book. It was interesting though and I'm glad to have read it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment