Saturday, March 19, 2011
same kind of different as me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
This was an awesome book! I borrowed it from one of the girls in my book club and absolutely loved it. It did take me a little while to get into the beginning of the book but once you actually get going it was very good. It actually made me pretty sad, I feel like I dismiss homeless far to easily. And I look down at the fact that they smoke and drink and waste the money they get from the hard working people that give it to them on things of the sort. Listening to Denver and understanding a little more about the why that they live like that made me sad that I have been so closed minded. I wouldn't say I've gone out and started giving money to homeless and I haven't started volunteering to help them (yet), but I do feel less like annoyed with them for not trying to get out of their situation. I feel very grateful for growing up in a loving family and knowing that they have my back so I will never have to experience what the worlds homeless endure.
This is a must read book I think, very worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment