Monday, April 4, 2011

Brokeback Mountain (4/4/11)


This is one of those movies I have wanted to see since it came out and for some reason never got around to it.  It has been in my netflix queue for as long as it's been available.  I stayed home from work and Richard was working so I went ahead and watched it finally.  The story is captivating, the actors are brilliant, I can see why it did so well.  The subject is of course controversial but worth it.  I'm glad that I didn't grow up when prejudice was quite so prevalent, sure it still exists but it's nice to see the world being more accepting of people. 

I know my being a Christian this doesn't always go together. I've had pastors speak about how it's wrong for same sex people to be together.  I feel you can't make people something they aren't, and you can't force people to see things the way an institution does.  I just like to let people live their lives, if they aren't hurting anyone what is the point of hurting them?

No comments:

Post a Comment