I partially read this online and partially in my big giant Bronte sister book (it has 6 books in it or something like that), so I just picked out the most commonly occuring cover I could find online. I really do enjoy reading the classics, and I much prefer page turning to internet browsing. It's wierd to think how much things have changed in what really is a relatively short time in the grand scheme of things.
In this book you follow Jane Eyre through a very rough life, I would go into her hardships a bit more but I don't want to give away anything that happens in the book. I must say that it was great to see a true love that could make it through hard times and continue even when the situations change for the characters. It's great to see this kind of true love, it seems to really lack in modern day stories. To me the modern stories tend to have a superficial feel to them at times, though I suppose that might just be because the circumstances are possible to actually happen with the way things are today.
Yep, good book, I can see why it's stood the test of time.

No comments:
Post a Comment