Monday, May 10, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I really enjoyed reading this book, it took a little getting used to keeping track of dates and who was where when, but once I got used to that it was a great love story.  A great love story that included hard times and good times and twists and turns.  Very enjoyable indeed.

The only thing I didn't enjoy about the book is sometimes she would use language that seemed a bit vulgar for what was happening.  There were a few times it seemed to fit but often it just felt thrown in there.  Sure the words describe what she's talking about, but why not use slightly nicer words?  It would have been the same story without them and some of the romance wouldn't have felt so crude to me.  But that's just me.

All in all it's a good book, I enjoyed it and can't wait to see the movie.  I hope it lives up to the story portrayed in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment