Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Runaways (9/23/10)


Sad. That's what this movie made me.  I'm not sure if that is what they were going for, but it really just made me sad.  Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning both did an excellent job in this movie.  And it was really well done, but it did indeed make me quite sad.

The life of Cherie Currie is what sticks out the most to me in this movie, and it just made me sad.  The sex, drugs and rock and roll thing always seems to go together so you kind of expect it.  But to actually watch a young girl go through this and get pushed into all of that is just heart breaking.  It makes it worse when you know it's a mostly true story. These things really did happen.

I've read a few reviews on the movie and it sounds like quite a bit of the dirty was watered down, which just makes me even more sad.  I also read that Kristen and Dakota actually did the singing in the movie, who would have thought that they could sing?  I'm not incredibly surprised by Dakota doing an amazing job, but Kristen I'm just starting to warm up too.  She just might turn out to be a really good actress despite the fact that she made it big thanks to the Twilight films.

No comments:

Post a Comment