Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuck Everlasting (9/21/10)


I really enjoyed this movie, it made me think about life and living it to the fullest. The acting might have been a bit cheesy at times, but it's a Disney movie, what do you expect?

So keep in mind that I was still in that deep thinking mode while watching this movie. There were two quotes that really stuck out to me, both were said by Angus Tuck to Winnie.

"What we Tucks have, you can't call it living. We just... are. We're like rocks, stuck at the side of a stream. "

In this quote Angus was talking about their imortality and how if you are stuck and not changing in life then it's not really worth living. I need to try to remember that in life, not to get stuck in a thought or an action. It's important to remember to keep living and growing and getting older. That is what life is all about after all.

"Don't be afraid of death, Winnie. Be afraid of the unlived life."

This really stood out to me as something important to remember. Unlike most people, I've never been all that afraid of death, I realize it happens and I'm okay with that. I know where I am going when I die and I look forward to getting there someday. The only thing that really scares me about dieing is how it will affect the people I love. But this statement really rings true, while I'm not all that afraid of death, I suppose I should be afraid of not living my life to the fullest. I certainly have my moments where I just coast through life. I need to stop doing that and start living to my fullest.

Okay, that's all of my deep movie watching thoughts for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment