Richard has a tendency to put on silly movies in the evening to relax from the day. While I am doing something else (normally laundry), I have a tendency to walk in right as they are starting. Who needs to do laundry anyways?
So I stood behind the sofa and watched this movie as Richard fell asleep. I ended up watching the whole thing and then rewatching the last half the next day so Richard could see how it ended.
While I wasn't nearly as excited to see this as Richard had been (he's been wanting to watch it since it was in the theatres), I did find it to be enjoyable. I wouldn't say I loved it or it was the best movie ever, but it was good for silly amusement. Very much not a movie for kids however, the innuendos are very prominent. I found it did have a good underlying point about needing to love yourself for who you are and not try to be someone else. If you can get past all the silly innuendos and over the top comedy that you expect to see from Mike Myers it isn't that bad of a movie.

No comments:
Post a Comment