I joined a book club through my church and this was the first book we read. Well, we read the 4th book the lineage of grace series, Unspoken. The story was on Bathsheba, how she met David and the story that come from all of that. It was great to have a bible story elaborated on to make me think of the people in the bible as a little more real. I know that they were real, but until you put them in every day situations it's sometimes hard to remember that the people were as real as you and me. I loved this book and am glad I bought the book that has the rest of the series in it. I will be reading them as well, but first I have a few other books to finish up! It seems there is always more to read, and I love that!
It was great talking about the book in book club, relating things to life and seeing peoples opinions on what they read about. I think I'm probably the least familiar with the bible in our group, so I didn't know the story as well to start with, which meant I didn't go into what we were reading with a preconceived notion of how things went. I hear the book really opened peoples eyes and made them feel a little less like Bathsheba seduced the king and a little more like she was doing what she had to do. I'm very glad I joined this book club, it's great to get together with a bunch of Christian women, go over books and just bond, I love it! Iam so thankful that God brought me to these women to listen and learn through the book club and beyond.

No comments:
Post a Comment