Saturday, November 13, 2010

Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers


I picked this book up for book club and I couldn't be more happy that we chose it.  I waited to write this until after I finished the second book that went with this one.  I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not, but that's what I did so I can't change it now.

This book follows the life of Marta and her daughter Hildemara.  Marta had a rough start to life and went and did so much on her own at a very young age.  The things that happened to her and her family shaped how she raised Hilde.  From there you go into Hilde's life and how she grew up.  These things inevitably end up affecting how she raised her daughter.

I love how Francine Rivers brings God into her books, she makes you think, she makes you struggle with the characters through love and loss not only with the other characters in the book but also with God.  I am so glad we chose this book for book club. I think the second book spoke more too me (which wasn't from book club but I knew I wouldn't be able to stop reading so I bought both).

No comments:

Post a Comment