Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis


I finally can say that I have read the Chronicles of Narnia!  It was great to read. 

This story was a sad one and a happy one and a bit confusing at times as well.  It was weird to try to figure out what all was going on.  And it's quite strange to think of God as being a Lion, but I don't know any other way to interpret what happens.  I did like the description of the "heaven" that they went too, the afterlife and how everything was so unexplainable beautiful and amazing.  I've always had a hard time grasping heaven and what it will be like, so to have this fictional book explain the same thing that I heard in church but a bit more in depth without really calling it heaven really made me grasp the idea a bit more then I've ever been able to before.

I loved the Chronicles, I stick by my saying they would be great to read to my children someday.  Now I just need some kids to read it too, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment