Monday, November 29, 2010

Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers

 

This is the second book in a two part story.  I absolutely loved these books and have been thinking about it for days after.  Even while reading and finishing another book I just couldn't get this one out of my mind.  Very much worth reading!

Her Daughter's Dream picks up right where Her Mother's Hope ended.  Marta is coming to help her daughter Hildemara raise her young kids as she battles with illness.  This book brings you through Carolyn's story and well as the story of her daughter May Flower Dawn.

Each of the characters in these books have their struggles that they have to go through, all of them are different but they shape the way they raise their children and interact with one another.  

Of all the characters I connected with Dawn the most, when I look back at myself as a child she reminds me a lot of me, different circumstances but listening to what she thinks about things is similar to how my brain thinks about things.  I don't want to spoil the story, but my connection with Dawn is what makes this story stick in my mind so strongly.  Her story moves me, her husbands story moves me too.  I often look back to myself as a teenager and wish I had someone like Georgia to put me in my place.  I may not have been doing things like Dawn at the time, but I still needed someone to tell me not to be selfish.   I don't think many people look back at me at that stage and say that about me, but internally I probably always will.

I can't imagine going through the life that any of these women ended up with.  I praise the Lord that he has been so good to me, sure I've had my struggles, but with Him it is all so much easier.  Jesus is with us always, he is in us and knows all that we do.  Trust in him and know that all things will happen in his time.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment