Thursday, December 16, 2010

Unafraid: Mary (The Lineage of Grace Series #5) by Francine Rivers


The story of Mary is one that every Christian child grows up hearing.  It is the story behind the birth of Christ and the parents that raised him.  This story looked into how she might have felt and brought the story to life in a way that is a bit more current then just reading it out of the bible.  I know she took quite a few liberties with changing some stuff around and filling in blanks that didn't happen so it's important to read this along with the actual scripture to understand that not all of the things in the book are scripturally accurate.  It's important to remember that this is a fiction book, so not everything is completely true.

The question that sticks with me the most from our book club on this book was, "If you were Mary, what would you have done?"  I know Mary had a difficult life, but there is no part of me that questions I would do what God was asking of me.  I mean, how can you say no to God when you know everything He does is for a reason?  No matter how difficult your life may be, He knows what He's doing.  Live for Him and you will be rewarded beyond anything that can be provided on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment