This book was highly praised by a friend of a friend so I was really planning on liking it. I've really been enjoying the other books by Francine Rivers so I was hoping for another book that I would equally enjoy. While the beginning and the middle were well written and I really got into the story, the end was certainly lacking something. I don't know if it's just the lack of closure at the end of the book that bothered me or what. I just felt like it was missing something and that missing something has annoyed me for days now.
I don't want to give away too much of the book so I won't go into it much. But I do have to say that after watching one of the characters grow so much, it was frustrating not to see what happens with him in regards to his faith. And well, yeah there was other stuff that just didn't end well for me either. The start was great but I would have loved to see it end differently. Maybe it was just too much like real life where things just don't get resolved in a timely manner or how I would like them too, but it certainly hasn't sat well with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment