Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks


I got this book at half priced books for only a dollar, seemed like a good deal so why not pick up another book.  I generally find Nicholas Sparks books to be quick easy reads that make me think and normally make me cry.  This one was no different.

This book really touches on the it's better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all sentiment.  I couldn't agree more.  

It was a great book, a very easy book to read and fairly short.  I finished it in a day.  I started it at lunch and then read the rest when I got home and I even went to bed at a decent time that night.  I always love a story that keeps me reading.  The only down side to the book is it is sad, as are most of his books I've found.   Though normally he has a little happy in with the sad, this one just leaves me with an all over sad feeling.  I guess I can count myself very fortunate that I haven't had to deal with the loss of someone I love from my life (from them leaving or passing away).  I know so many people that have had to deal with this kind of loss and I praise the Lord he has been so good to me.  

I think I really could use a happy book right about now.  But alas, I started another Nicholas Sparks book so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment