Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

So when the back of the book said this was a heart breaking story, it really meant it.  I was a blubbering idiot by the end of the book.  I read this mostly because I want to see the movie and I have this thing about reading the book first if I can.  I must say I wanted to see the movie not REALLY knowing what it was about, but I thought the previews looked good.  I for some reason didn't quite realize just how sad the story would be.  It was happy too at the same time, but it really makes you think.

The stories about people going off to the military and leaving loved ones behind are always sad.  I thank the service men and women for what they do and I greatly admire the courage they show as well as the loved ones that they leave at home.  I wish that all the stories ended up happy ones when it comes to that, people sacrifice so much to serve this country and keeping us free.  I wish there was a way to make it not so difficult on the relationships.

Good book, worth reading, I can't wait to see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment