Based on everything else I've been reading recently, Richard recommended that I read this book. It's one he bought and read awhile back and thought I would enjoy it. I enjoyed the first half to two thirds of it, I liked learning about grass and getting to know the characters. Towards the end though things get a little more weird then I wanted from this story.
Don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy most things in the book. But the "pseudo-religious working out of ideas about the ultimate purpose of human existence" as one book review I read said, really didn't work for me at all (it didn't work for the person that wrote that book review either). Not wanting to spoil the book for anyone, I don't know if I'll say to much about it, but I have to say a little as it really did ruin the end of the book for me. I truely believe that God listens to me and knows ME as an individual. Not as a virus or a tiny being or anything of the sorts. Blah. It really did ruin the end of what was looking to be a good book for me.
I'm not saying don't read it, because it was a good book. The ending does feel a bit rushed and it ends in such a way that I didn't quite feel like I knew what was going on. But as a whole the book was good, it had it's quirks that I didn't enjoy, but for the most part it was alright.

No comments:
Post a Comment