Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card

This book did a good job of completing the series.  It brought pretty much everything together and ended with a nice lovey dovey happy ending.  Happy endings are good, and I'm glad it ended happy.  But at the end of the book it really did feel like something was missing.  I don't know if it's just because it's sad to see it end, or if it's because I want to know more about what happens with Peter, Wang-mu, Jane and Miro, or if there is just something that is really missing. 

Maybe it's the not knowing what the conclusion is about the descolada home planet and if they ever figure anything out about that.  I think I wanted to know more about what the civilization looked like that was sending the messages.  The descolada play such a large role in the last two books.  In the end it would have been nice to know more about what was going on with all of that.

But the book was great as it was, even without the more information that I was craving it really did complete the story that was needing to be told.  I quite enjoy the whole series and will read more by Card at a later date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment