Monday, February 15, 2010

Xenocide by Orson Scott Card

I loved this book and I didn't like this book all at the same time.  Okay, I loved the book and not so much what it shows about human nature.  I know people can be bad and quite a few peoples human nature has a tendancy to not always be as happy as mine is.  But sometimes I really do enjoy living in my own happy little world, I love being an optimistic person.  That being said he does a great job of helping you understand the various different people and their backgrounds and how they are. 

The book is great.  I liked learning about the various different species and how they interacted.  I didn't so much like that Ender's roll was less.  I know it needed to be for the story, but after a few books you really do feel like you know Ender and you almost feel like you're missing out on something having him there less. 

I liked this book just as much as the other two, it's certainly a different book from the others.  But it was well worth continuing the story.  I'm already part way into the next book and eventually I'll probably go back and read the shadow series.

No comments:

Post a Comment