Another beautifully writen book by Orson Scott Card. I enjoyed Ender's Game quite a bit so when I started this I figured I would enjoy it as well. I've heard you can read any of these books with or without the others ones and in any order you want. But I really do enjoy knowing the backstory to what happened in Ender's Game to make this book even deeper then it already was.
Ender has a way with people and alien races. He can see the truth in people, how wonderful and frightening it would be to always see the truth in everything. The differences between the piggies and humans are huge, but it's nothing that Ender can't overcome. With the help of Jane, he brings the colony together and he does it in just a few short weeks. He learns more about the piggies in the very short time he is there than the people studying them had in years. He did however break all the rules that they had been stuck with.
I loved the book, it kept me wanting to read more and was a fairly quick read. I wouldn't say that everything that happend was a surprise, I really did feel like I knew what was coming before it did. I've already started Xenocide the next book in the series and I just want to keep reading it as well. I'm hoping someday to read more by Card.
I can't decide if I liked Ender's Game or Speaker For The Dead better, both were great books for different reasons and both made me want to keep reading. I think Ender is a fascinating character so whereever he goes I'm bound to want to know more about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment