Awhile back one of my friends was practicing to be on a roller derby team, she never ended up actually playing, but she did peak my interest in the sport. So when this movie finally came out on DVD I was quite excited to see it. I'm hoping someday to go watch the roller derby in real life, it seems like the kind of sport I would enjoy. Now onto the movie.
The movie was quite predictable, so much so that Richard got up and left part way through and then proceded to tell me what probably happened without watching it after the fact and was mostly right. That being said I enjoyed it anyways. I certainly don't think it'll be one of those movies that is winning any awards or anything for the acting or the story, but I did enjoy the movie.
"Babe Ruthless" seemed quite out of place most of the time, but somehow also managed to fit in with everyone as she found her new niche. It's hard growing up, it's hard knowing where you fit in, and sometimes I don't know if you ever really know. I know right now I often feel the way she looked, maybe that's why I had such a hard time watching her awkwardness.
So yes I liked the movie. But then I like most movies that fit into this all too predictable theme. And yes, even after watching the movie I still want to go watch a roller derby someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment