Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Pillars of the Earth (8/31/10)


This was an amazingly well done mini series.  Richard read this book a long time back and absolutely loved it.  A couple years ago I decided to read it as well, as I always need to be reading something, and I loved it as well.  The book was beautifully written and the movie did a great job capturing the story.

This is an 8 part mini series that was shown on Starz, it was very well done.  Richard had always pondered if this book would be made into a movie, and then we always said it was just too long for a movie and too much would be cut out.  So I'm incredibly happy that they did a mini series and didn't cut out the story. 

Yep, I highly recommend watching it, Netflix has it streaming live right now.  It is for a mature audience as there is quite a bit of violence and adult content, so I wouldn't recommend it for kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment