I guess somewhere along the line I figured this would be sad, but I really didn't know how sad. I don't know if I just figured what had happened to them in the past would be the sadness or what, but I seriously wasn't ready for the way this ended. I normally try not to write about what movies are about but this time I'm going to break that trend, so if you don't want to hear more about the movie, don't read the rest of this.
I loved the boy meets girl aspect of the story. I loved seeing them go through their tough times. And I loved watching the dad slowly realize that maybe it's about time he gave attention to the children that remain. I think what made this so sad wasn't the fact that one of the main characters died, though that was really sad. What made it so gut wrenching is that he died in an event that we are all familiar with, we all lived through, and I would hope we all remember exactly what we were doing at that time. 9/11 is something that I feel like people tend to forget about now that time has gone by; unless you were somehow directly connected to someone who lost their life in that tragic event we don't often hear about it all that much and we don't see information related to it anymore. I recall them taking all the pictures down and taking it off the tv after it happened, I realize they didn't want to make people angry, but they shouldn't hide it all such that people forget either. I saved some pictures from 9/11 to go through from time to time as a reminded. I'll post a few below. I loved this movie, it was insanely sad, but the story felt all too real.
Never forget.




No comments:
Post a Comment