Sunday, January 17, 2010

Avatar (1/16/10)


Avatar is one of those movies that just makes you say WOW when you watch it.  I'm not generally a 3D fan, nor do I think every movie needs to be made in 3D from now on.  But this was absolutely amazing.  What made it amazing wasn't so much the 3D but the world that was created.  It was beautiful.

The story is one that we are all familiar with: a group of people go somewhere wanting to get rich and will do whatever it takes to get there.  The only thing I really would complain about is that the "bad guy" seems to have no feelings beyond being bad.  I know he's supposed to be bad, but I would like to see him have some feelings of doubt about what he's doing. 

The Navi are a completely made up race and the computer generation was breath taking.  It was really neat getting to know them and learning about how they go about living their lives. 

I know people have complained about how this movie has a similar story line to quite a few other movies, and yes it really does have similar trends.  But it is a different story, a beautiful story, one where you want to join in and be with them on this made up world.

There have been rumors about a sequel eventually and I'm excited for that to happen. I can't wait to step onto Pandora again and spend more time with the Navi.  I just hope that when the sequel comes it isn't just more of the same.  I want it to be a new story, one that is based primarily on the Navi and not the return of the Skypeople.

No comments:

Post a Comment