Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

This is the first of quite a few books in the Ender series and I am planning on reading them all.  I absolutely loved this book.  I hear there are plans for it to be adapted to the big screen, I'm hoping they do it justice when it happens.

I first heard about this series while reading a list of recommended books by Twilights author Stephanie Meyers.  She didn't actually recommend this book, she recommended the one that comes after it, but I'm not one to skip out on reading them all when there is a series.  I do believe you could read almost any of these books as stand alone books and enjoy them just the same, but I love reading so why not read them all?  Now onto the book.

Ender is just a kid, an amazingly brilliant and amazingly good kid that is forced to grow up much quicker than any kid could be expected too.  He goes through more trials than most people ever will and manages to get through them all with the greatest of ease.  It's quite sad to experience the way he was treated and how it all comes to an end.  

All in all, I loved this book.  I don't want to give too much away about what happens so I'm just going to go with that.  It was good; very very good. 

1 comment:

  1. Amy, This is a book by my favorite autor. There are really just the three in the series and then the others are off shoots. The great thing about the books are they go together but can also be read separately without wondering what you missed in the others. I actually read Speaker for the Dead first then Ender's Game and Xenocide. Another of his awesome series is actually 5 or six books long and called Alvin Maker series. It starts with Seventh Son and Red Prophet. Its based off of colonial times but with magic or knacks as they call them. It is my favorite series of his. Your cousin Kelly

    ReplyDelete