Sunday, January 24, 2010

Julie and Julia (1/23/10)


I went into this movie not really knowing what it was about, I had heard from quite a few people that it was good so I was expecting something I would enjoy and it didn't disappoint.  I watched this movie with Valerie and Erin, while I was down visiting them in Vancouver.   We had some really good homemade food for dinner and then sat down to watch the movie.  Not realizing what the movie was about I didn't know just how fitting it all was.

I loved watching Julie go through her moods. It was neat to follow along through her struggle to find something that she really enjoys.  Something of a goal that she can work towards, so it's not just another thing started that slowly disappears into a void of things that will never end.  I often feel that way about goals that I start, like they are something I'm doing for the now until I eventually get to a goal I really want to do.  Until recently I don't think I've ever really been one to set goals that I would actually try to meet.  I found it funny that cooking was the main goal of the movie, especially since I currently have a goal of making one new recipe a week.  I don't really have an end point for my goal though, that might be a bad thing, or it might not.  But I've been trying to make something new most weeks.

I didn't quite understand Julia as much as I connected with Julie, I'm not the same kind of go getter as Julia was.  I'm more one who would work on something at home and never really expect much to come out of it.  I loved that Julie and Julia both had amazingly supportive husbands who for the most part stuck with them through thick and thin.  I loved that this was based off a true story, nothing is better then a good feel good movie that really happened. 

All in all I loved the movie, the characters were all really well played and it was very enjoyable to sit and watch it with the girls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment