Somewhere part way through the book I figured out what I thought would happen and it really did, however I was so wrapped up in the characters that the predictability didn't really bother me. In the last year I've been reading more of the classics, so far I've liked all of them that I have read, they certainly don't have the same draw for me as newer books, but they really are enjoyable. I have found myself thinking about what would happen next on and off throughout the day, for me that's a good book. Anytime I am so involved that I feel like I can keep the story going in my head for a day or two I really do enjoy it.
So many major events take place in the book in such a short time that it really is amazing. I quite enjoyed watching the main characters grow, not only as characters to me but as people in their fictitious lives. I often feel like I would have enjoyed living in a time where things were so much simpler and the evils that exist now were not so prominent. Sure there have always been bad people and bad circumstances, but it sure does feel like the world is moving so quick and it just keeps getting worse. Sometimes I think that respect, which is so important in life, has gone by the wayside.
In short, I liked the book, it certainly isn't as fast moving as I prefer, but I did enjoy it quite a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment