Richard and I went and saw Everybody's Fine in the theater fulling expecting it to be a comedy based on what the previews showed. This is NOT a comedy, sure it has a few funny parts but as a whole it is very much a drama, a drama that made me cry. We both left the theater having really enjoyed the movie. It may not have been what we expected but it was certainly worth watching, maybe even more so than it would have been then if it had been the comedy we were expecting.
The movie starts out with the dad preparing his place for his family gathering, it would be the first time the whole family had gotten together since his wife passed away. It ends up the kids can't make it so he decides to set out to make surprise visits to each of his kids. He ends up finding more out about the kids, the kids end up finding more out about him. I think anyone that watchs the movie can relate different parts of different peoples lives to things that have happend to them in their lives (at least I sure could). It really makes you think, makes you realize how precious the time we have with our family is and it made me realize that I really do need to forgive some things a bit easier than I do (though I really do try). Mostly it made me remember that good communication is key to all relationships and we should really listen to what people are saying instead of just hearing what we want too.
I really did enjoy the movie and will probably watch it again when it comes out on DVD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment